Seri sez: Celebrating Diversity, Snarkcraft-style.
With Jov out of town for the week, Seri is once again bereft of an outlet for her random musings, as well as a not insignificant source of daily entertainment. Well, when the catâ€™s away the mice will play…
Here at World of Snarkcraft we embrace diversity and recognize that no two raiders are alike but we can all co-exist in tree-hugging harmony. In fact, there’s a whole spectrum of different types of raiders out there that I thought I might explore today for lack of something better to do. For kicks, I threw in some non-raider archetypes too as a basis for comparison. Purely scientific, I swear.
- Raid-Oblivious: Sure, you may have heard of that Naxxramas instance but you’re not sure where it is and your guild isn’t big enough for 5-mans anyway so mostly you just stick to questing and PvP.
- Raid-Repulsed: The mere idea of raiding turns your stomach and it actually irks you that Blizzard caters to “those people”. You may or may not attend rallies in a bedsheet with eye holes.
- Raid-Indifferent: You never really understood what all the fuss is about when it comes to raiding. Maybe you’ve been on a few raids, maybe you haven’t. Whatever.
- Raid-Curious: You have some friends that have tried raiding and seem to like it, but you’re not sure if it’s for you. However, if you get drunk enough you’ll try anything once.
- Raid-Reluctant: You raid because your friends like to raid, but really you’d be just as happy drinking Shasta & braiding each other’s hair.
- Raid-Cautious: You raid regularly (and enjoy it) but are careful not to get too invested. You have a life outside the game and you do like to visit it between raids. Or, at least, you are pretty sure your S.O. will cut you off if you don’t.
- Raid-Obsessed: You raid more than is probably healthy. When you’re not raiding, you’re thinking about and/or planning for raids. You may have developed a taste for progressive German speed metal and six-armed women on those late, late nights in Black Temple.
- Raid-Shackled: You aren’t as into raiding as you used to be, but you keep doing it for some reason. Maybe you’ve been doing it so long you don’t know what else to, or you feel like you can’t set it aside because your guild/friends need you.
- Raid-Retired: You used to raid, but for whatever reason you had to pull the plug. Maybe you still play the game, maybe you don’t, but every now and then you like to reconnect with your old buddies and talk about the glory days. These young whippersnappers just don’t know how good they have it.
What description fits you the best? Be honest.