Fury Warrior 4.0.1 Guide – Unleash the Meat Cleaver
With the inception of patch 4.0.1, I have come to love the fury warrior.¬† The rotation is more complex, and one can unleash some very solid DPS without being armor pen capped (since it no longer exists).¬† A few things of note right away… you will have a different rotation for single target and multi-target (e.g. trash).
The way things are working right now, the highest single target dps rotation is as follows.
Bloodthirst – Heroic Strike – Raging Blow (whenever it’s up)¬† – until the hot fix actually goes into effect we are ignoring Slam all together when Blood Surge procs (this will be fixed soon to make it cost no rage… which we will then likely reincorporate it back into our rotation).
In addition to the normal rotation, we want to hit Battle Shout on CD to generate rage.¬† Additionally, we want to use Berserker Rage often so we can use Raging Blow as much as possible since it is only accessible while enraged.
For multiple target we want to mash Whirlwind and Cleave, as this stacks our appropriately named buff “Meat Cleaver” which enhances those attacks damage by 30% at 3 stacks.¬† This makes the fury warrior one of the best aoe melee classes this build.¬† If you’re not having rage issues then you can mix in Raging Blow and Bloodthirst when Whirlwind and Cleave are on CD.
I’ll highlight a few points for gearing I have found to be very successful in increasing my own dps.
- Reforge to hit – Due to rage normalization our hard hit cap is now 27% not the standard 8% it used to be for melee.¬† This means the more you hit the more dps and the more rage.¬† I’m currently at 22% hit and have seen my dps go up substantially and my rage issues decrease dramatically.¬† So far this seems like a good idea.
- Gems – Red Socket – Bold Cardinal Ruby (20 str) / Yellow Socket – Inscribed Ametrine (10 str / 10 crit) / Blue Socket – Etched Dreadstone (10 str / 10 hit)
- Make sure you have all plate equipped and no agility gear.¬† Due to agility gear not having attack power it is essentially worthless to us now with the exception of some crit gained, and with our plate specialization it increases our stats when we have all plate equipped.
- The talent build above is essentially standard for dps now.¬† There are 3 flexible points that you can distribute into the fury tree, which I placed 2 points into Blood Craze and 1 into Piercing Howl.
- You could distribute these anywhere you like as they might have situational use for you.¬† I personally like Piercing Howl as a raider for fights like Saurfang in which I can help the Kiters by quickly applying a slow.¬† Blood Craze helps the healers out some.
- Heroic Fury – which removes immobilizations and refreshes the CD of Intercept might be useful.
- Furious Attacks – if you’re inclined to do a little pvp might prove beneficial.
- Skirmisher – Also if you’re inclined to pvp will help you fly across the BG with ease.
Obviously not all of this is set in stone, but it has been what has been working for me in dungeons as currently I’m pulling 6-7k dps single target in Heroic 5 Mans with 3 pieces of 232 pvp gear, a worthless 232 agility weapon in my offhand, and a bunch of ungemmed and unenchanted gear due to my being broke.¬† As I fill out these slots I suspect my DPS will only go up.